statement of intent

 Introduction [approximately 50 words]

My TV show will be called Merge and, in my show, where a new species have been discovered by the government but the info is disclosed as this will cause the public to panic as the new species can turn into humans by killing a human. My final two minutes is when one of the scientists is revealed to be one of the new species discovered.

Media Language and Representation [approximately 200 words

I plan to meet the brief (Science Fiction TV sequence) by having 3 characters shown in my two minutes sequence who are Raya (main character), Narcissa (helper/sidekick) and Dinez (anti hero). Also by using non-diegetic sounds by having a low tense soundtrack which shows action codes as the audience know that there will be danger and conflict happening. Also I will use a variety of camera shot in my 2 minute sequence by using an extreme close up to emphasis the characters emotions and feeling. And I will be using a pan shot and cross cutting during the fight between my villain and hero (props character theory) which will make the scene be thrilling for the audience which shows diversion. Plus I will be using two locations one in a 'lab' to show the science fiction genre and in a field when the fight between my characters will take place with swords which shows the fantasy genre and action genre. I will create narrative by having a disequilibrium is Dinez the antihero betraying Raya and Narcissia and then this being solved by Dinez and Raya confronting Narcissia by fighting her and revealing the new species plan through Narcissia and the two minute sequences end will be left as a cliff hanger. Narcissia will have black eyeshadow around her eyes and gems on her face which will show science fiction genre as she has alien like features. My characters will subvert stereotypes as they are all dominant and powerful female leads who can carry themselves and aren’t damsel in distresses that need saving and a man to help them at all times. Plus my cast will be diverse by having Asian characters rather than them being white.  

Audience [approximately 150 words]

My target audience is specified for: older teenagers and young adults (15-26); mainly female; from America and England; middle class people. My target audience is also specified for explorers, mainstreamers and reformers. Other TV shows my audience would enjoy are Shadow & Bone and Stranger Things. I will target this specific audience by having an empowering and independent female lead who subverts traditional stereotypes and gender norms. In my 2 minutes sequence I will have visceral and vicarious pleasure when the characters fight during the preview and with fast pace editing during the fight. Plus, my audience will feel some sense of personal relationship between my character as they are friends.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doctor Who: Audience and Industry

OSP & VIDEOGAMES: AN INTRODUCTION

CSP - OMO Advert