Blog feedback and Learner Response

 WWW: Wow – what an absolutely brilliant start to GCSE Media! It is such a pleasure to read your blog and the range of skills you are already displaying. I completely agree with your opening blog post regarding aiming for a 7+ grade – in fact, I think we should be aiming for 8 or 9! The depth of analysis you offer for the film poster key concept work and the Stranger Things analysis is so impressive and very unusual at this stage of the course. If you can keep developing this level of detail and analysis throughout the two years I’m very confident you can achieve that top grade. Your fruit bowl is wonderfully creative too!

 

EBI: The key message is very simple – keep writing the detailed, in-depth analysis that you’ve offered in some of your work already and make sure it is consistent across everything you do in Media. You’ll notice as the course continues that we set grade 8/9 extension work – usually A Level reading – to really push students towards those top grades. I strongly recommend you get into the habit of completing the extension tasks and this will help us access those top levels. Keep up the good work!

What do you feel is your strongest piece of work so far? My strongest piece of work in media so far has been my mise-en-se stranger things analysis and my film poster analysis as I think i wrote in detail and depth.  

 What is your weakest? My weakest piece of blog work is the camera work as I wasn't good at explaining why the shots were used in much depth.

What specific skills or knowledge do you need to develop over the rest of the course? The specific skills or knowledge i need to develop rest of my course work is get better at using technical stuff.

 How can you improve the depth and detail of your media analysis? I can improve my depth and detail by zooming in more and getting other meanings out of the product i am given.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doctor Who: Audience and Industry

OSP & VIDEOGAMES: AN INTRODUCTION

CSP - OMO Advert